Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bonus Post

3) If you were at the budget hearing on Thursday, give your thoughts about the events and/or how budget cuts and/or tuition hikes would affect you and your thoughts about this

it blows my mind to hear about tuition hikes especially at a time like this. Being in a recession is hard enough, and is taking it toll on everyone. transportation fair are already being raised so affording those few extra dollars is hard enough and now theres talks about raising tuition also that's just crazy. its hard enough to afford to the daycare with the refund checks if they raise tuition n not pell then that's money that has to come out of my pockets, and i don't work so i cant afford to pay anythng from my own pockets. i just think if tuition is raised then more things need to be done to help us students stay in school n not force us out.

3 comments:

  1. I agree- check out the link on the blog if you'd like to express your views to the city council.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't make the meeting, but that a serious problem. I agree that will force students out of schools. They are suppose to encourage students get an education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know its hard especially for self supporting student like me, but what will happen if we stop school? we need to have a degree to have a better future.

    ReplyDelete